Thursday, April 5, 2012

POACHED SALMON ON A BAGUETTE



Westville Restaurant is a solid, upscale diner in Alphabet City.  I've usually only gotten their burgers on a Portuguese muffin, but this last time I decided to try their poached salmon on a baguette.  Instead of the standard lemon dill dressing, I got a homemade chipolte mayo instead.  While nothing was wrong with the sandwich per se, nothing was exciting about it either.  Who only puts lettuce on a sandwich with nothing else?  Give me tomatoes, or caramelized onions, or something else for $10 bucks.  I will say that Westville's fries are fantastic and pretty much make up for a snoozefest of a sandwich.  The fries are greasy, and crispy, and impossible to eat just one.

Westville Restaurant (East)
173 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009
Corner of 11th Street
Phone: 212-677-2933, 212-677-2033
Daily 10:00 am - 11:00 pm

http://www.westvillenyc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment